When you start your own business you do everything. The business IS you and you want to control everything that goes on. But as your business grows this becomes more and more difficult and making the decision to let go and involve other people in the running of your business is really hard to do.
If you think you have reached the stage where you are disappearing under an admin mountain then it is definitely time to consider finding some regular help. How do you find the right people? How will you afford them and, as you have a tiny office where will you find the space for them to work?
If the thought of finding the right staff fills you will horror then how about considering a Virtual Assistant?
A good Virtual Assistant would be a great place to start. A VA will help you to free up time during your day enabling you to concentrate on working on your business rather than being bogged down in the day to day admin.
To give you an idea or how a VA can help here is a list of the kind of tasks that can easily be outsourced to a VA.
- Reception duties – looking after your emails, calendar, telephone calls.
- Database management and keeping your CRM up to date
- Research for newsletters, talks etc
- Travel arrangements – hotel and flight bookings
- Managing social media accounts
- Looking after expenses and bookkeeping – using Dropbox to share paperwork works really well
- Sending out newsletters and emails with the help of an online programme like Mailchimp
- Organising events and meetings
- Transcribing notes, minutes, typing up letters
- Assisting with recruitment
Hopefully this is food for thought – finding a good VA will help take your business to the next level. They can even help you to keep on top of personal admin too.